Feature Photo: A collage of student activity within the school district by Lake Travis ISD.
by Art Benavidez
Lake Travis (Travis County)—Three new schools were among several of the projects presented during Lake Travis ISD‘s bond advisory committee June 15 meeting that would require a $703 million bond.
The committee is composed of a cross section of the community including parents, volunteers, educators and civil leaders.
The board has until Aug. 22 to decide when they want to hold the bond election. As of now, the Lake Travis Long Range Facilities Planning Committee is recommending that the bond election be held on Nov. 8 with early voting taking place from Oct. 24 to Nov. 4, according to the presentation.
The proposed bond would facilitate the following developments if and when it is approved:
- new high school—$236,430,617
- new Elementary School No. 8—$50,917,526
- new Elementary School No. 9—$55,517,521
- Lake Travis High School additions and upgrades—$84,732,969
- campus and district renovations and improvements—$166,409,289 (includes current elementary schools and middle schools)
- facilities condition assessment projects—$38,746,968
- land—$15 million
The district stated that the bond represents a long-term project that would plan for developments for the next five years.